The city of Kingston is opening up nominations to sit on various community committees.
Dedicated volunteers can offer their ideas to improve and safeguard all that makes our city a wonderful place to live.
There will be a Volunteer Recruitment Information Sharing Event at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 26 in Memorial Hall, City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
Meet elected officials, senior staff; speak informally with Chairs and Vice Chairs of the committees; and see formal presentations on the focus and mandate of each committee or boards.
A question and answer period will follow the presentations.
Find more information on the committees with openings and apply to serve at <http://www.CityofKingston.ca/
The City is seeking members for these groups that guide the City:
• Appeals Committee
• Arts Advisory Committee
• Belle Park Working Group
• Committee of Adjustment
• Cataraqui Region Conservation Area Lemoine Point Advisory Committee
• Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
• Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
• Kingston Election Compliance Audit Committee
• Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
• Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
• Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors
• Kingston Memorial Centre Advisory Committee
• Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation
• Kingston Police Services Board
• Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
• Municipal Heritage Committee
• Museums and Collections Advisory Committee
• Rural Advisory Committee
• Taxi Commission
• Waterfront Master Plan Working Group
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: <http://www.kingstontransit.