Become one of the people who make Kingston work by reviewing the current openings and applying to serve by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 12 at <http://www.CityofKingston.ca/city-hall/committees-boards/current-openings> . Or complete an application package available in the City Clerk’s Department, City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
In January, 2015 Council will appoint interested residents to fill vacancies on various City committees and boards. Kingston’s committees provide Council and staff with input on a wide variety of subjects through discussions, presentations, and recommendations.
“The City benefits from citizens of diverse backgrounds who serve on committees and share their expertise. Committees are a great way for residents to volunteer unique skills and knowledge to strengthen our shared sense of community,” says City Clerk John Bolognone.
The City is seeking members for these groups that guide the City:
– Appeals Committee
– Arts Advisory Committee
– Belle Park Working Group
– Committee of Adjustment
– Cataraqui Region Conservation Area Lemoine Point Advisory Committee
– Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
– Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
– Kingston Election Compliance Audit Committee
– Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
– Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
– Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors
– Kingston Memorial Centre Advisory Committee
– Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation
– Kingston Police Services Board
– Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
– Municipal Heritage Committee
– Museums and Collections Advisory Committee
– Rural Advisory Committee
– Taxi Commission
– Waterfront Master Plan Working Group